Tuesday 31 October 2006

Koho Tadami Diary Entry - October

When I arrived in Tadami, one of the things they asked me to do was write a short article in the town newspaper each month. The newspaper is called the Koho Tadami, and it's a free newspaper that is delivered to every home to let them know what's going on in the town. Apparently my activities are of much interest as I am the only foreigner. I write them in English and one of the teachers translates them for the paper, which is why the English is usually quite simple. I thought I would put the English versions up on this blog so I can keep a permanent record of what I wrote.

Bryn’s Diary Entry – October

I’ve now been here in Tadami for 8 weeks. The time seems to have passed very quickly. I have had many new experiences here and I am enjoying life very much. I have met lots of new people and made many new friends. I have been to lots of festivals and parties and have seen many new things. I have tried many types of Japanese food. Japanese food is very different to English food but it is very delicious and I like it a lot.

Last weekend I went to Tadami Junior High School festival. It was great; the children’s performances were excellent.

I also climbed Gamo Dake Mountain last week which was good fun. In my home town in England there are no mountains so I enjoyed it very much. The views at the top were excellent. The leaves are all changing color and it looks beautiful. The photo is of me at the top of Gamo Dake.
The weather is getting a little cooler now and soon the winter will be here. I am looking forward to the winter as I would like to learn to snowboard. I have never been snowboarding before.



No comments: