Sunday 31 December 2006

Koho Tadami Diary Entry - December

When I arrived in Tadami, one of the things they asked me to do was write a short article in the town newspaper each month. The newspaper is called the Koho Tadami, and it's a free newspaper that is delivered to every home to let them know what's going on in the town. Apparently my activities are of much interest as I am the only foreigner. I write them in English and one of the teachers translates them for the paper, which is why the English is usually quite simple. I thought I would put the English versions up on this blog so I can keep a permanent record of what I wrote.


Bryn’s Diary Entry – December

Another month has passed by and for me it has been one of the best months so far. One of the many highlights was going to the fire festival in Sukigawa which was very impressive. I also enjoyed watching all the Junior High School Students and Elementary School Students perform at the music festival at Tadami Junior High School. The children were all very talented and I was especially impressed by the standard of the performances from the Elementary Schools.

My friend from England also visited Tadami this month. He said he had a fantastic time and was amazed by the beauty of the town and the kindness of the people to. On one day he came to my lessons at Asahi Elementary School with me. I think the children liked him very much. The photo is of him and me with some of the Asahi Elementary School Students after a good game of football at break time!

December has come very quickly and it’s not long till Christmas now. In England Christmas is a very important time for families. For my family it is often the only time each year when we are all together as my brothers and I all live away. Unfortunately this year will be my first year away from my family and I will miss our traditional Christmas. Instead I am visiting friends in Australia so I am looking forward to enjoying my first ever summer Christmas.

No comments: