Monday 30 April 2007

Koho Tadami Diary Entry - April

When I arrived in Tadami, one of the things they asked me to do was write a short article in the town newspaper each month. The newspaper is called the Koho Tadami, and it's a free newspaper that is delivered to every home to let them know what's going on in the town. Apparently my activities are of much interest as I am the only foreigner. I write them in English and one of the teachers translates them for the paper, which is why the English is usually quite simple. I thought I would put the English versions up on this blog so I can keep a permanent record of what I wrote.


Bryn’s Diary Entries – April

The end of April is nearly here and spring has well and truly arrived. Last weekend I went to Koriyama to view the cherry blossoms, and this weekend I hope to see them at the castle at Aizuwakamatsu. I hear Aizuwakamatsu is one of the best locations to view cherry blossoms in the whole of Japan so I am very excited.

The start of the new school year has brought many changes and many new challenges. I am really enjoying teaching at the new school, the new facilities are fantastic, and I think the students will enjoy having the opportunity to make lots of new friends. Also it is great for me to have 3 English teachers to work with every day, as I can learn so much too.

I still can not believe how fast my time here is passing. Every day, week and month seems to go in the blink of an eye. I have requested to renew my contract here so I hope I can stay for at least another year. There are lots of things I still wish to see and do here in Japan, and one year just doesn’t seem long enough. One of the main reasons I want to stay in Japan, is to spend another year in the beautiful town of Tadami. The friendliness of the people of this town is amazing, and everyone has made me feel so welcome here. I often think that experiences are not shaped by where you are, but by the people you meet, and I don’t think I could have a better location anywhere in Japan.

I haven’t taken many good photos in the spring months yet, so below is a picture of me snowboarding. I enjoyed winter here very much and being able to do winter sports made it probably the best winter I have ever had.

No comments: